Driving your company car abroad

When planning a trip abroad with your leased car, please read the instructions below.

Before the trip

If you are headed outside the Nordic countries (Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Sweden), you need an export registration document from ALD Automotive. Export registrations can be granted for a maximum of three (3) months at a time. At the moment, we do not grant export registrations to Belarus, Ukraine or Russia.

Ask your employer for permission to take the vehicle abroad.

You always need the technical part of the registration certificate when traveling by car outside of Finland or to Åland. You can obtain the technical part of the registration certificate from Traficom’s electronic service here or from an inspection station that conducts registrations. The technical part of the registration certificate can be printed out at an inspection station for a person who is registered as the owner or holder of the vehicle. You can check the vehicle’s holder data on Traficom’s website.

If you are not registered as the second holder of the vehicle, you need a power of attorney from ALD Automotive, with which you can pick up the technical part of the registration certificate from an inspection station that conducts registrations.

You can obtain an export registration and the aforementioned power of attorney from the following address: asiakaspalvelu@aldautomotive.com. In the message, state your name, the registration number of your car, the travel destination, the period of travel and the delivery address of the export registration. You will then receive your export registration and a possible power of attorney by email to collect the technical section of the registration certificate. A service fee will be charged for the export registration in accordance with our service price list.

Also remember the Green Card

It is recommended to take a Green Card, i.e., a certificate of valid motor liability insurance, with you whenever you are planning to travel outside the Nordic countries by car. A Green Card is mandatory in the following countries: Albania, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel, Iran, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Russia, Tunisia, Turkey and Ukraine. For the time being, Green Cards as part of ALD Full Insurance are not issued to Belarus, Ukraine or Russia.

If your leased vehicle is insured with ALD Full Insurance, you can request a Green Card by sending an email to axa@crawco.fi. Otherwise, you can order a Green Card from your own insurance company. For more information about the Green Card, please visit the Finnish Motor Insurers’ Centre website.

Please familiarize yourself with the country-specific traffic rules and other requirements before the trip, as you are responsible for ensuring that the vehicle and its use comply with country-specific laws. For more information about driving and traveling abroad, please visit the European Commission website

Do you still have questions? Our customer service is at your disposal on weekdays at +358 (0)10 404 2503.

Contact us
010 404 00